Chattanooga, TN: Scenic City
Serving as the county seat of Hamilton County, Chattanooga is the fourth-largest city in Tennessee. It has an estimated population of 182,799 residents. Bordering Georgia and the Tennessee River, the city is one of East Tennessee’s two principal cities — the other being Knoxville.
Chattanooga earned its official nickname, Scenic City, thanks in large part to the many mountains and ridges that surround it. Residents and tourists alike can participate in a number of outdoor activities. Signal Point, for instance, is a historic hiking destination. Chattanooga’s Riverwalk is also a great place to go cycling, while the foot of Lookout Mountain sits Reflection Riding, which blends hiking trails, wildlife, and tranquil waters.
In terms of arts and culture, Chattanooga offers no shortage of options. Catch a show at the historic Tivoli Theatre or the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Auditorium. The city also hosts a number of festivals, such as the Festival of Writers, the Riverbend Festival, the National Folk Festival, the Chattanooga Film Festival, Chattacon, and Oktoberfest at the Chattanooga Market.
Entertainmentwise, residents and visitors can enjoy several destinations. This includes the Tennessee Aquarium, the Creative Discovery Museum, the Hunter Museum of American Art, and the Tennessee Riverwalk. There is also the Chattanooga Zoo at Warner Park and the “See Rock City” barns. Don’t forget to stop by the St. Elmo Historic District and Lookout Mountain.
In Chattanooga, residents enjoy an affordable cost of living, a great commute, a diverse culture, and fair weather. The city also boasts a bustling nightlife, plenty of job opportunities, and many dining options.
Community Association Management in Chattanooga, TN
In Chattanooga, most of the residents own their homes. In fact, 53 percent of the city’s population are homeowners, with the other 47 percent being renters. The median home value in the city of Chattanooga is $160,100, which is lower than the national average. Similarly, the median rent here is $827.
There are several neighborhoods in the Chattanooga area, including the historic St. Elmo, Ferger Place, and Fort Wood. Some of the most expensive neighborhoods in this city include Riverfront Parkway, City Center, and Dallas Heights.
Out of all the communities in Chattanooga, potential homeowners usually opt to live in ones managed by homeowners associations. This is due to the positive influence such associations have on property values. Additionally, HOAs typically provide members with access to private amenities such as pools, gyms, playgrounds, and clubhouses. Some even offer inclusive services like trash removal and landscaping.
Chattanooga HOA management, though, is often easier said than done. For the most part, HOA board members lack the time and skills required to successfully run an entire community. As such, most associations seek the help of a Chattanooga, TN HOA management company. This is where Cedar Management Group comes in.
Chattanooga, TN Local Resources
With a total area of 144.6 square miles, Chattanooga is undoubtedly a large city. For someone who just recently moved, navigating the Scenic City can come as a challenge. Luckily, you can find most of the things you need online. Cedar Management Group has taken the liberty of putting together a list of local resources you may find helpful.