Developer: Planning Services
The Homeowners Association takes shape in the project’s early design stages with the relationship of the buildings to the land. This relationship dictates the legal form the Association will take such as, condominium, townhouse, mixed use or master planned community.
- How does this form match the buyer target market?
- How will this form translate into a monthly assessment?
- What kinds of product and marketing options do each of the forms provide?
These are just a few of the questions to which Cedar Management Group, with its years of experience, can offer help and provide you guidance.
Cedar Management Group Services include:
- Budget preparation
- General consulting with development team
- Amenity Planning
- Management Review of the Articles, CC&R’s and By-Laws
- Advise regarding the services to be delivered by the Homeowners Association
- Planning for maximum developer flexibility
Developer: Formation Services
For the developer, the life of the Homeowners Association begins to take on critical importance during the sales phase. Early buyers can be your best sales allies or your toughest adversaries.
It’s a fact that a well thought through formation and transition plan will limit the developer’s exposure to liability and enhance purchaser satisfaction.
Cedar Management Group has again and again demonstrated success with this critical stage of formation and transition.
Cedar Management Group Developer Formation Services include:
- Preparation of a resident manual to be used at point of sale and as a new buyer reference guide.
- Training a sales team on representing the association to prospective buyers.
- Creation of the association management scheme.
- Reviewing the Warranty Services delivery program.
- Qualification and selection of the Homeowners Association management company.
- Preparation of a plan for transition from developer control of the Board of Directors to homeowner control.
- Preparation of a common area acceptance plan and schedule.
Developer: Management Services
Traditionally, developers have hired management companies to set-up and manage the Homeowners Association while the developer controls the Board of Directors. Unfortunately, in this role, the management company’s legal fiduciary duty is to the Homeowners Association, not to the developer.
Cedar Management Group serves the interests of the developer on the Board of Directors, and in the turnover and acceptance process, can be invaluable to the developer who wishes to successfully negotiate the pitfalls of later stages of common interest subdivision development.
Cedar Management Group Developer Management Services include:
- Selection and supervision of Management Company.
- Developer representation on Board of Directors.
- Provide management services for the Association.