It’s no secret that volunteering for your condo or homeowners association can be a time and energy consuming endeavor. The role of the HOA board member is often a thankless one, but that’s not to say it can’t also be rewarding. It is also a necessary role. Without volunteers to lead and manage the association, things would start to fall apart. At Cedar Management Group, we rely on community volunteers by working side-by-side with them. Thinking of serving on your Board of Directors? Here are just a few reasons why we see homeowners step up to the plate:
- You have a vested interest in your investment. By becoming involved with your community association, you can take an active role in maintaining property values and ensuring your community’s quality of living.
- Continue you education. As human beings, we never stop learning. Going behind the scenes to see how things operate is one of the greatest educational experiences available.
- Express your creativity. Our individuality is what makes the world go ’round, as they say. Even when serving your community, you can find ways to express yourself.
- Serving allows you to get out and socialize and network with your neighbors. It can even be fun!
- Like to solve problems? Isn’t it better to help your leaders than to complain or criticize?
Today it is estimated that over 60 million people are living in one of the 300,000 community associations in America. Of those residents, nearly 2 million are serving on their Board of Directors to manage their association. If you’ve got your eyes set on your board, you’re not alone.
Cedar Management offers board member training each quarter to help prepare our community’s volunteers. The resources are available for you should you need them; you just have to take that first step by making the decision to serve your community.